- This report considers the nature of residential and domestic retrofit work – the skills, tools and tasks of the jobs involved – and provides key data points to design an appropriate industrial strategy.
- It uses an unprecedented dataset (ASPECTT), developed in-house by Autonomy, to map international databases onto ONS occupation codes, to put important detail onto job transition plans.
- This allows us to identify the skills, tasks and tools used in retrofit work, and therefore which workers in adjacent occupations could transition to this crucial line of work.
- In total, there are over 3.8 million workers across the UK that could move into retrofit work relatively quickly.
- The study shows that the North of England is a fertile area for mass retrofit roll outs
- If a large-scale transition is to succeed it will require a UK government-led industrial strategy.
Click the image below to read the full report.
More data can be found at https://autonomy.work/portfolio/retrofit-the-workforce-we-need/